Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hair!

Why is it that women are so emotional about hair? We stress and agonize over what the perfect cut and color should be. Hair can make you feel happy or sad. I think that a good haircut can give you energy, and even self confidence. A new hair color can make you feel like you have a brand new start.
But haircuts can also make people angry! Why is that? People get upset about a haircut that is not even their own?
In my mind I think that it is important for everyone to be true to themselves and other people just need to be able to see beyond the hair. It is just hair...
Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground. Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices. ~Shana Alexander

1 comment:

ME said...

I love this! As a hairdresser I think that you are absolutely right!